BRAND NEW for Christmas 2016 is the 8 Core Orchestra Series – Christmas Overture
If you want to feature your orchestra at Christmas, this is a perfect option for you! This arrangement features ‘Joy to the World’, ‘Angels We Have Heard On High’ and ‘Silent Night’. The arrangement is only 2 minutes and 20 seconds which is a perfect opener that can be squeezed in ANY Sunday in December and as the opening of the Christmas program no matter WHAT SIZE group you have.
You can download the arrangement below.
About the 8 Core Orchestra Series:
1. PLAYABLE arrangements-This means friendly keys. No extreme registers. No crazy, fast string passages.
2. 8 Core means these arrangements work with a core group of 8 orchestra players plus piano. If you have these players, all of the melody/core sound parts are covered.
8 Core is: 2 woodwinds, 2 trumpets, 1 horn, 2 trombones and 1 bass trombone or tuba
3. Full orchestra arrangements-They work with 8 Core but the arrangements are written for full orchestra:
2 flutes, oboe, 2 clarinets, bassoon/bass clarinet, 3 trumpets, 2 horns, 3 trombones, 1 bass trombone/tuba, violin 1 & 2, viola, cello, double bass, harp, percussion (3 players), timpani and piano
4. Written out piano.
5. Creative and fresh-Even though this is much simpler to play that our Cinematic Orchestra Series, it still has the ‘AnderKamp Music’ sound.
6. 4 String reduction parts (violin/viola, viola/cello, cello/double bass and full string reduction). This provides maximum flexibility to support whatever live string players you have!
For churches with larger orchestras, this arrangement will be something you can pull off with minimal rehearsal time to play as an opener ANY TIME in December or as the Overture for your Christmas show. For smaller or younger church ensembles, this arrangement will be playable and sound great but it leaves room for growth. As you add more players, you’ll be able to thicken up the sound without doubling a lot of parts.
Click below to listen to the arrangement:
Click below to listen to the arrangement WITHOUT strings (they’re a bonus not critical):
You can also listen to it on our YouTube Channel here: